Sunday, December 13, 2009



“ I know who stole the mighty sun!” . You whisper in my ears, as you look at me with those eyes of yours. Eyes that miss beauty when it’s gone, eyes that see perfection in the sunken earth, and simplicity in every corner.
“ Who?” I ask, incredulous at such a thought.
“ The dragon!” you say, trying hard to explain. “ the dragon swallowed it for he ran out of fireballs!”. You said, with a voice that came from deep within, where those small miraculous beliefs and dreams of yours reside. My little boy what have you done to me?
“ But what are we going to do now? How are we going to get the sun back?”. I asked, as I watched you immerse deep into your thoughts, looking around for that answer, for to you, the sky cannot be mutilated; no, the sky cannot have a hole where the sun should be.
“ I’ll get it back”. You stood, with determination. And there it was, that sheer beauty in those eyes of yours.
“ But he’s powerful, he has fireballs after all! How would you fight him?” I asked, unable to contain the liveliness your words brought to my fragile heart.
“I’ll fight him with water! I will drink the ocean!”

Little one, everytime, my fingers slip away, there you are, rescuing me, like you rescued the sun.
You and your world of imaginary monsters.
You and your field of dragons.
You and your endless weapons.
You, my little one, you.
I love you much more than my heart could muster.

1 comments:

lovely post =)

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds