Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Do you know that every time I listen to the loud clatter of rain outside my window I hear your weeping grave?
Do you know that every day I try to hide behind the normalcy of the world, only to find that it will never be normal again? I seek comfort in the novelty of the now, knowing the solace is just a façade?
Do you know that every time I look at the waves descending to the shore I feel cheated by the scene? By the pretense it holds to be the same with or without you?
Do you know that every time I hold your photograph, I see the malice of reality in your sparkling eyes?
Do you know that every time I listen to your favorite song, it’s your voice I strive to hear, over-shouting my sorrow? And every time I try to find it, the loud music blasts against your urgent pleas?



I close my eyes and pull myself into the past. I attempt to seize your heart with my hand. I feel the providential warmth filling the hollowing space, inducing a peaceful calm into the air that once was musty with death. My surroundings seem to take on different features, reshaping their existence, inverting their previous reality
.. Hope..
I see you..
You are the words on every page I read. You are the lyrics in every song I hear. You are the warmth of every sunny day.. you are .. the wisdom of the old, the laughter of the young, the everything of mine..

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds