Sunday, February 22, 2009

My dear friend
Our eyes perceive a world that isn’t ours. That transparent layer fuse with our pupils, making it impossible to see the greenery of the grass. Instead it dissects everything around us into tiny little things and we suddenly become artists who use squares to turn random details into a painting. We never cease to wonder, my friend, why we reach for the clouds when everyone seeks the rain? Why do we erase lines when everyone is drawing shapes? what about the dreams we build every single day? what about that beautiful unreachable universe that is constantly evolving inside us? Will it ever find its way out?
Yes my friend, I think it certainly will. I am tired of tearing the patches by my own hands. The taste of bitterness is poisonous, it metastasize faster than cancer, killing one notion after another. It’s a sickly disease that stand between us and what we might become. We say we’re powerless, stuck in an inverse reality, caged within solid walls. Yet they did it before us my friend. Nizar Qabani’s words penetrated those bricks. They were more powerful than the wind that roared beyond them. .Fairouz’s voice, Abdul Nasir’s resilience, Al-Sadat’s daring act.. if they could escape them, why can’t we my friend, why cant we? Now, the doubt starts to creep into our minds every second, like a ping pong ball, it throws reason after reason, back and forth, of the why instead of the why not. It’s us who decide my dear friend whether to throw back and be hit again, or throw it far away, never to return.
We might as well laugh ,my friend, that kind of laughter that makes our hearts cry. We might as well fall to our knees and weep every time we try to get out, only to find ourselves hitting the hard concrete. No one said they’re transparent. If anything, they’re solider than iron. That’s what you get when you combine those identical minds that knows no distinctness, no individuality, no perception. Like clay, they become one strong “something”.
My friend, or I shall say my dear sister, life taught me that Hope hurts more than a dagger entrenched into flesh, yet it also taught me that the lack of it, blinds your whole world. Slowly everything inside you shuts down and even the memories you once held so dear, starts to seep through your veins. We both know that we are more than a dot, more than a blob, more than a thing, and definitely more stronger together than the wall they created. I can’t do it. But I know that “We” can.

5 comments:

You speak of hope, but what about faith ? The latter is much more authentic, more powerful

Ofcourse its more powerful, one cant hope without faith =)

"Hope is faith, holding out its hand in the dark" -George Iles-

Hope is desire, faith is belief
Hope is unfounded; faith is based on the greatest foundation. They are opposites in some ways. You certainly can’t feel both at once towards the same end. One is wishing for something with no basis, the other believing with a basis. Think of how hoping there is a God and having faith there is a God is almost opposite, you cant do both at once

I honestly havent looked at it this way before!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds