Monday, December 29, 2008



The clock in the waiting room ticked. The rhythmic sound penetrated my eardrums. Tick tick tick tick
Waiting, we’re all waiting
Hoping we’re all hoping

Next to me she sat, close enough, I could almost hear her heart beats..blood pumping into mine..
“when are you leaving?” I dared to ask
“im not going anywhere
“You’ll have to eventually”
She was silent. Her serenity calmed my raging mind..
tick tick tick
the hand on the clock moved rapidly. Faster..rotating non-stop
seconds,minutes,hours,days,weeks,months,years.
“ its been three years, when are you leaving?”
“ im not going anywhere
“ I might start to believe”
Belief is what you need”
she didn’t move.
Not even when the harsh wind swept everything around us. Not even when the hope withered and died like a fallen autumn leaf. Not even when the sky rained thorns on our heads. Not now not ever.
Never” her voice, not above a whisper.
“if I failed?”
Impossible
“ if I fell?”
“ you’ll get up. you are capable
tick tick tick tick
waiting, we’re all waiting
hoping we’re all hoping

beneath my feet, the ground was solid.
My heart was engulfed with a surreal warmth..comfort..A certain knowledge that one day. ill reach the unattainable..
With her, still by my side

1 comments:

you're one of a kind and always will be <3!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds